Aug 25, 2016

Decorating a Modern Farmhouse - Selecting Unique Art Part 1

I have this affinity for unique pieces of art or decorations, much like all of us do.  I have found the difficulty being narrowing it down and not having TOO much.  Joanna Gaines would not like a lot of clutter, and I am channeling her!

So here are some pieces I purchased so far (I'm not that creative, they are ALL from Magnolia Market!)

The romantic pics for the master bedroom.  I am not sure why, but man these two spoke to me.  Also, since I hope that have shiplap in the master, I thought these looked so striking.  Make me want to kiss that handsome husband of mine :)




https://shop.magnoliamarket.com/collections/wall/products/i-love-us-sign

Having two girls and being a strong willed one myself, I want to make sure my girls are constantly reminded that happiness is not as much luck as it is planning and determination.  This heavy metal sign will hopefully remind them that their Mommy designed this life that she loves, and they can do the same :)


Both my dining room and my parents' dining room will have a lot of windows and a long table.  Both of us needed this unique trough.  It is wonderfully lined so you can actually plant herbs and water them without fear of ruining your table!


Maybe is it just the softy in me, but living in a multi-generational house makes this metal art (below) all the more meaningful :)



And here are others that I am considering...dreaming of:

Okay, custom chicken footstools.  Yes, that is a thing and I'm obsessed!!!  Thinking about getting one in a belted galloway pattern...




There is a local furniture maker that is incredible.  Unruh makes such well made items custom and is such a good company in general.  Dreaming about having them make my new dining room table and two metal captain's chairs below...





https://unruhfurniture.com/product/waldo-metal-chair/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...