Sep 8, 2016

Modern Farmhouse Design - an Architect's brainchild of our heaven :)

We searched many, many house plans online, including searches for modern farmhouse, farmhouse plans, multi-generational plans, luxury farmhouse plans, and so on.

Our goals were big - no wasted space, completely separate houses that were connected, no duplex look on the outside, and a modern farmhouse feel.  I just kept wondering what we would have to give up on...


This blog post is a follow-up on my prior post on The Evolution of Design chronicles our first meeting with Tom McDonough and our utter fascination with his process.  Imagine our shock when he sent us the first sketch of the front elevation (fair warning, sit down before looking).

modern farmhouse plan sketch design




Okay, I'm back.  Yes, swoon-worthy.  My parents, Matt, and I just stood and looked at the computer screen with this image...this dream.  Then Matt broke the silence by asking "Well, where is the helipad?'  Oh Matt...

After approving this amazing front elevation sketch, we were sent the CAD file of the front.  Again, prepare yourself :)  I tried to erase all the extra distractions (dimensions, notes, etc.) but I wasn't able to get everything.  

modern farmhouse plans architecture


It is truly gorgeous from far away, but let's look at it up close (again, excuse my imperfect removing of notes/dimensions...).  The house is divided into Matt/my side and my parents' side, since it is a multi-generational build.  Here is a close up of our side of the modern farmhouse:

modern farmhouse plans architecture


Broken down, here are some more specifics (also, I dig that our architect placed little shadow people on our front porch).  

modern farmhouse plans architecture
Also, in case you are wondering where our cows are, imagine looking ....

And for my parents' side of fence...


And with some basic labels now...


As for the back of the house, go HERE !!!!

Just a note:  all of these designs are copyrighted.  If you have questions about them, feel free to contact me! 

2 comments:

  1. That is amazing Lindsay!! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! We are so excited too! Can't believe this is actually happening!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...