Nov 4, 2016

PROGRESS PIC - The Big Dig

After waiting on permits, the day arrived.  It seemed surreal, to be honest.  We have been waiting on this day so long, planning, dreaming, worrying... it almost felt that the house was never going to be there.  And then suddenly, this:


My Matt and I seeing the field (well, him seeing after he opened his eyes, of course!).

In one quick day, the field went from wildflower and prairie grass to bulldozers, topsoil, and excavation happening.  In my mind, this process would take a week.  It was almost done in one short day!  

As I have mentioned several times, I have been super impressed with J.S. Robinson and our project manager super star, Mitch.  The beginning of the dig raised yet another opportunity to brag about them. 

I forgot that in our preconstruction meeting, we discussed adding an egress window to my parents' side of the basement.  Well, this is definitely something that would need to happen in this phase of the work.  When Matt and I walked the site, everything looked awesome but admittedly I was not even THINKING about that window.  Mitch called and asked if it was something we were still interested in.  Seriously, thank goodness!  Now we can just have it added while the dig is happening (at the lowest cost) rather than trying to add it later.

Seeing the change of the field, and the entire neighborhood street, definitely caught me off guard.  Last night, I couldn't help but think of our future neighbors and how this project might affect them.  After all, they have lived on this quiet cul-de-sac for over a decade without any construction.  This pretty field that they drove by each day is now torn up with bulldozers.  However, given the number of construction company owners and operators on our street, I hope that the sight of the heavy equipment makes them smile :)  We are just so excited to be a part of this community! 

More pictures of the Big Dig...thank you all again for your support and encouragement!


Driveway entrance

The temporary gravel driveway is coming together


Bulldozers!!!


More pics to follow!  Next steps will be for the framing and foundation crew to start getting those concrete walls and floors in the basement.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...